Thursday, October 30, 2008

Badges? Yeah, We Got That.

Last night's Karazhan run consisted of one tank (Protection Paladin), one healer (Restoration Druid, that's me!), and eight DPS. And we demolished that place. Full clear, including Tenris Mirkblood, in 90 minutes.

I fall a little bit more in love with Wild Growth every time I use it. It is such a fantastic addition to the Druid healing arsenal! I worry, though, that it's too much of a "win" button - instead of having to roll Lifeblooms or Rejuvenation across multiple raid members, I can just push one button. In five-man instances, I've been taking care to position myself between the ranged DPS and the tank, so that by casting Wild Growth on myself I can heal the entire party. On Priestess Delrissa in Heroic Magisters' Terrace, I've been able to keep the entire party up with Wild Growth plus a few strategic Lifeblooms, and using Direbrew Hops and Essence of the Martyr consecutively to give me forty seconds of massively increased healing.

As a side note, those two trinkets now share a cooldown. That was not the case pre-patch, and I am somewhat unhappy with that.

After Karazhan, we weren't sure what to do with our time, so we put together a ZA group. We had to PuG a couple of DPS, since a few of our people weren't available. We still cleared the place in an hour, and it still managed to drop no upgrades for me. Well, the Grimgrin Faceguard dropped, but I like my Nordrassil Headdress and its Relentless Earthstorm Diamond (not to mention the two-piece bonus that will be fantastic for levelling) too much to roll against a Rogue for a sidegrade.

We were now sitting on 24 + 14 = 38 badges, and still the night was young.

Five of us decided to clear Heroic Magisters' Terrace, which with no wipes and very few deaths took less than forty minutes. And then, since my Thrallmar rep still needs some work (I'm going to get the Nethercobra Leg Armor pattern just in time for the expansion!), we ran Heroic Hellfire Ramparts and Heroic Blood Furnace, about thirty minutes each.

So, at the end of the night, I had earned 48 badges. Not bad for five hours' work, no?

No comments: